Winner: Cheney Liebenberg Photography Model Search 2016

Basically (although there is nothing basic about this, here, event, oh no) last month I entered a competition & this month I won.
Photo: Cheney Liebenberg Photography
Dress: Cherry On Top Bridal Boutique
Make-up: Paula Moore Make-up Artist
Hair: Styled By The Salon
I won a model search competition by a local Ladysmith photographer, Cheney Liebenberg. I couldn't have won without the help of strangers I handed flyers to as I journeyed through Ladysmith's Oval shopping center, Murchison Street & Queen Street or without the kindness of some of my old friends & acquaintances on Facebook. On the 20th of April 2016 I sent a photo of myself through & had it posted on the Cheney Liebenberg Photography page where people could then vote for their favourite picture. I'd accumulated enough votes by the 9th of May 2016 to be one of the two winners of two photo shoots, one decided by the Photographer & another decided by myself. Make-up by Paula Moore Make-up, gelish nails by Filorga Beauty Clinic, hair by The Salon & a pedicure by Just Nails were also a part of the prize package and they did a stellar job.
The flyers I made & distributed to people in town. Considering that
 I have yet to know many people here,
 the response I had was truly moving.
Thank you, good folk. 
 As the date for the shoot drew closer, Cheney let me know that the theme was Fantasy (Forest) & I got excited. I decided that this was the perfect opportunity to get other Ladysmith creators on board. I called up Cherry On Top Bridal Boutique & asked them for a collaboration with Boheme & those lovely people said yes! In the eleventh hour nogal! The Ladysmith Show was due to take place on the same weekend our shoot was to take place & that meant trying to get a hold of anyone in the local clothing boutique business would be next to impossible since most of them would be away from their stores & displaying at the show. However, the folk at Cherry On Top were super  accommodating & helpful & I collected my dress on the morning of the shoot. I transformed from a relaxed, bohemian babe to a glowing, whimsical nymph of the woodland. Here are a few more shots from that day:


Photo: Cheney Liebenberg Photography
Hair: The Salon
Make-up: Paula Moore Make-up Artist
Dress: Cherry On Top Bridal Boutique


Photo: Cheney Liebenberg Photography
Make-up: Paula Moore Make-up Artist
Dress: Cherry On Top Bridal Boutique
Hair: The Salon
Gel Nails: Filorga Beauty Clinic


Photo: Cheney Liebenberg Photography
Dress: Cherry On Top Bridal Boutique
Hair: The Salon
Make-up: Paula Moore Make-up Artist


It was amazing to see what the lands surrounding Ladysmith had on offer to make this theme come to life. This land is a blessing & I feel all too honoured to be able to call it home, to have roots here & such a real connection to the ground I walk upon. It's easy to feel like one never wants to leave (although, despite  my romanticism, I'm pretty sure that as soon as the sun dropped & the moon rose I'd be more than eager to get out of there because, despite my strong demeanor, I am no Chuck Norris wehlathi). In all realness though, I was blown away by the nature that surrounded us. Overall I had a lot of fun, Cheney was very innovative & she guided us through her vision with patience & clear communication & even if we wrapped up with the bottom half of my body soaked in water, it felt so good to get out there & create this way, Autumn breeze heartily doing the jive upon my wet skin & all. 

Thanks to everyone that made this day possible.
'Til I write again,

**A huge thanks to Dr Ayanda Nthsangase owner of Cherry On Top Bridal Boutique & her store manager auntie Karen Bruck. Thank you to everyone who sponsored this competition and for the great prizes we won. Mostly, thank you to Cheney Liebenberg for hosting such a wonderful competition. Wishing every single one you all the success in this world. 

Comments

  1. Wow! Congratulations! Great post, everything looks so unreal. Where was this shot? Thato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thato! 😘🌻 We shot this at Windsor Dam, Ladysmith, KZN. If you're ever around uMnambithi make it a priority, it's stunning.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts